Prior to May 2008, I hardly ever ate fish. But, since I was spending a summer in the land of fresh salmon, I figured I could change my habits. I've discovered that I'm a big fan, of halibut especially. So, when looking for something new to try, I went for swordfish. I was in Chicago at the time, at a really nice Greek restaurant. Swordfish skewers sounded excellent...and excellent they were.
'Tastes like chicken' is a phrase that really doesn't make sense to me, but that's kinda how I felt. There were pieces that tasted fishier than others, but most of it tasted more like chicken than fish. If I can find swordfish somewhere less expensive, I'll definitely order it again.
Adding to my long list of appreciated, Alaskan summer events and activities, is my new appreciation for fish. I'm thrilled to say it's one of the more (or most?) healthy things on the list. For me that's great...I tend to struggle finding healthy items that I love.
Now, if only I could afford it.
Day 365: The End!
17 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment